Friday, July 17, 2009

development, disney and desserts!

Hi everyone!

It’s Claire, the creative intern, and I just wanted to give a quick update about what has been going on with us at mark.

This has been another busy week, and I can’t believe the internship is almost over. Our big field trip this week was visiting the Avon Research and Development facility in Suffern, NY. After an interesting time navigating the trains, we all finally made it to the Avon facility. While there, we heard from a couple speakers about product development and about what goes on in the building.


Later, we got to tour the facility…it was so cool! They showed us where they make products, where they store all their different product shades, and how they test each product to make sure it’s the best it can be for consumers. I was impressed by how much attention to detail there is at Avon and it was really interesting to see everything a product goes through before it is available for purchase. To the right is a picture of the mark. interns (plus Janet and Dawn!) on the red lip couch that is in the building.

We have also been doing lots of fun things outside of work. After touring the Research and Development facility, I went with my roommate Taylor (the marketing intern) to see the Broadway production of The Little Mermaid. It was so fun and I am really glad we were able to go see it.

Also, if you’re ever in NYC and need something sweet, I highly recommend Serendipity 3. You might have to wait a while to get a table, but they have amazing ice cream sundaes. Their frozen hot chocolates are also delicious. I got a Forbidden Broadway Sundae the other night…it was pretty much the most amazing thing ever! Chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and chocolate chips. Luckily, I had lots of help eating it :) Here is a picture of my sundae:






No comments:

Post a Comment